Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HTS / PrEP Technical Advisor
Reports To: Senior Advisor- HIV Prevention
- HTS / PrEP Advisor will be responsible for developing strategies and monitor the implementation of the integrated prevention services and provide HTS in line with national requirements and standards.
- This position will require active participation in the development, modification, and/or adaptation of appropriate technical strategies and tailored approaches for improving access to HIV Testing Services
- Provide overall strategic guidance to ACE case finding and PrEP optimization efforts as well as drive strategies that will expedite saturation and epidemic control across supported states, optimizing and integrating prevention services with collaboration with treatment and care services.
- Support capacity building and coordination of National and State- level recency surveillance response in collaboration with National and state response team to ensure timely collaborative intervention.
- Organize, promote and facilitate Quality Improvements (QI) on PrEP activities and research as well as work with individuals to assess needs, develop care plans and coordinate PrEP-related services through advocacy, education, support, empowerment and coaching.
- Support training facilitation of health care providers on cervical cancer prevention program and to build capacity of the health facility staffs to ensure the necessary equipment and supplies are available;
- Lead in the coordination of both facility and community based HTS for the target population of interest with critical consideration for state peculiarities.
- Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage between community outreach services and care and treatment facilities.
- Collaborate with reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
- Liaise with State Supply chain unit to ensure PrEP/RTK/consumable Stock availability and re-distribution with demands and Saturation.
- Assist in developing M&E tools related to HIV testing and other diagnostic services of the project at different levels.
- Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity and M&E reports to the M&E unit of the project.
- S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- Participate in joint HTS supportive supervision visits together with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders
- S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- Conduct monthly HTS data analysis and compile timely reports to ensure real time data use for decision making at facility level and progress towards project targets.
- Conduct ongoing training needs assessment and facilitation of the various HTS trainings
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the capacity building plan (in terms of training, mentorship and coaching) at supported health facilities
- Ensure facilities do have adequate HTS Standard Operating procedures and algorithms
- Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation through routine monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports to Jhpiego and the donor, and other reporting requirements as requested.
Required Qualification / Experience
- Eight (8) years of international experience with progressive responsibility in national HIV/AIDS programs.
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research of international experience with progressive responsibility in national HIV/AIDS programs.
- Experience in driving SURGE-level access to HTS including rapid HIV testing, “provider-initiated” testing and testing (PITC) in medical settings, and facility- and community-based HTS, including targeted index testing, HIV Self Testing, recency testing including PrEP.
- Ability to work with technical and program management staff from Ministries of Health. Ability to work effectively on multi-disciplinary public health teams, particularly of USG agencies.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management, SPSS or other statistical packages
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs
- Computer proficient skills in Excel, Word processing.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “HTS/PrEP Technical Advisor, Kwara” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 5th April, 2022.
- CV and Cover Letter as one Word document
- The title / subject of your mail and Application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer