Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
- You will be responsible for driving and supporting human capital strategy and high-value HR processes aligned to overall corporate strategy.
You will enjoy this role the most if you are keen on:
- Establishing effective links between strategy, global scale projects and practical implementation.
- Building practical implementation and change management plans in close partnership with HR Country Heads and manage the roll-out in the region.
- Enabling business leaders with meaningful material for a smooth landing of the solutions.
- Fostering positive relationships across HR functions, regions and cultures.
In particular, you will:
- Partner with management to ensure alignment of people, process, structure and culture with business strategies.
- Collaborate with Jumia Academy team to execute training calendars based on functional and behavioral needs.
- Manage the HR Operations to ensure smooth flow of processes using database, records & HR Audit tools.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Facilitates change management initiatives and partner with leadership team to effectively communicate business strategies, goals, values and performance expectations.
- Identify and execute opportunities to promote and disseminate company culture and values to new and existing employees.
- Develop and deploy strategy and tactics to enhance the effectiveness of employee onboarding and retention.
- Participate in developing HR department goals and objectives and in recommending new approaches, practices and procedures for continual process improvement.
- Drive implementation of function-wide HR programs within assigned locations.
- Ensure HR delivery services are provided as appropriate to internal client needs, identifying new opportunities where HR can add value, and maintain leading-edge knowledge of HR issues.
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience as a Change Manager who have delivered several projects end-to-end, ideally HR or Organisation Development related.
- Global Management Consulting experience is a plus
- Exposure to strategic HR concepts i.e. People Strategy, Leadership & Capability Development, Talent Management, Organization Design & Development etc.
- Must have led HR within an organization of at least 800+employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA and HR professional certifications preferred
- Business mindset in aligning transformation objectives with the overall business strategy
- Ability to work in an organization with a culture that emphasizes “speed wins,” yet does not sacrifice quality while working in this fast-paced environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply