Posted on :
25 Mar, 2010
25 Mar, 2010
Maersk Nigeria is recruiting for Operations Manager – Container Inland Services (CIS), At Maersk, you’ll be part of a diverse, international team of talented colleagues who value performance and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
APM Terminals is looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
Operations Manager – Container Inland Services (CIS), Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
• Manage proper stacking of containers during transfer and after customs examination.
• Monitor the plant operators in ICD for effective operations.
• Optimal utilization of ICDs with focus on fast turnaround of containers.
• Ensure consistent and optimal utilization of ICD equipments.
• Provide assistance to external/ internal customers with regards to container receipt, examination and delivery.
• Ensure trucks dispatched to ICD are fully utilized to reduce idle time.
• Assist ICD Manager in daily operations.
• Support company’s commitment to safety.
• Perform other job related duties as required.
• Assist in interview of potential candidates for ICD positions.
• Manage staff in yard operations section of the ICD.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• University degree preferred.
• 3 or more years experience in one of the following work areas: terminal operations, logistics or equipment management in customer focused environment.
• Good customer service skills.
• Strong leadership, communication and organizational skills.
• Good knowledge of PC applications and CIS systems including but not limited to Mainframe (implementation of gate-activities for container movements).
Deadline 30th April 2010