Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a non-profit international health organisation founded over 40 years ago. MSH’s mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. In Nigeria, MSH currently implements the following programs; Program to build Leadership and Accountability in Nigeria’s Health Sector (PLAN-Health), Prevention, Organisational Systems, AIDS Care & Treatment Project (ProACT), Community Based Support (CUBS) for Orphans and Vulnerable Children and as part of a consortium of partners; Tuberculosis CARE I Program (TB CARE I)
The TB CARE I Program is one of the USAID’s main global mechanisms for contributing to the global targets of TB control. The aim of the program is to contribute to these USAID target areas:
- Sustain or exceed 84% TB case detection rate and 87% treatment success rate
- Treat successfully 2. 55 million new sputum-positive TB cases
- Diagnose and treat 57, 200 new cases of multi-drug resistant TB
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting for the Position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer, TB – Positions 4
Job ID: 13-6973
The Technical Officer will provide technical assistance in collaboration with MSH TB Project Director, MSH TB Regional Advisor for Africa, MSH-TB CARE I Senior Technical Advisor for Nigeria, TB CARE I lead in Nigeria, National TB and Leprosy Control programme (NTBLCP) of Nigeria and other stakeholders in accordance with the national TB policy guidelines and International Standards of TB care. S/he will report to MSH-TB CARE I Senior Technical Advisor.
- Support the Implementation of all MSH/TB CARE I activities in consistent with TB CARE I Nigeria plan, NTBLCP strategic plan and MSH quality standard under the supervision of MSH TB Technical Advisor for Nigeria in collaboration with Nigeria TB CARE I Country lead.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, provide support to NTBLCP in improving TB case detection, program management, information management for the programmatic management of Drug-resistant TB and strengthen supervision including monitoring and evaluation.
- In consultation with the Senior Technical Advisor, TB Care I, represent MSH in technical meetings and forum including partner and stakeholders meetings
- Liaising with other technical partners such as KNCV, WHO, FHI and other partners at national and international level
- Foster clear communication about project activities, plans and organizational policies within MSH and between strategic projects and partners
- Model effective leadership and create conducive environment for collaborations with NTBLCP, partners and other stakeholders
- Provide technical support to ensure that project activities are carried out within budget and agreed timeframes
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of information and reports to MSH, TB CARE I and relevant partners
- Work with TB CARE I team in Nigeria on implementing overall TB CARE I plan.
- Medical doctor with postgraduate training in public health or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public health
- Good strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of and experience in training and capacity building
- Demonstrated operating in a management culture built on consensus and results
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as experienced with project planning applications
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a team-based structure
- Ability to travel up to 40% percent of the time within Nigeria
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Application Closing Date
18th October, 2013
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Apply Online