May University Press is a Nigerian limited liability company with defined commitment to the growth of educational, scholarly, literary, corporate, and digital publishing. It has a publishing portfolio and programme which are being critically expanded in the efforts to integrate into and capture the best of contemporary educational and technological developments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Editor
Roles and Responsibilities
- Take on various writing, re-writing and reading assignments;
- Handle various audio to transcript processes, and re-write manuscripts to improve readability;
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax;
- Handle various aspects of publication production.
- Conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as libraries and archives, newspaper accounts, diaries, and interviews;
- Submit write-ups for approval, and re-write and revise written works to meet standards required by the company and its clients;
- A second class upper (2.1) Degree in the Humanities;
- Superb written communication skills, with a sound knowledge of the structure and uses of English in various contexts;
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related position;
- Good planning, research, organizational and project management skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th June, 2018.