Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (M / F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno (with regular field visits to the sites)
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Under the supervision of the general coordinator and with the support of the HR advisor at HQ, you have the responsibility to define, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of mission’s human resources infrastructures.
- You manage 1 deputy HR coordinator, 1 HR officer and 1 HR assistant and provide technical support to operational staff of the mission.
- You work closely with the financial coordinator and his team and ensure close relationship with the deputy general coordinator.
Human Resources Management:
- Establish and update the HR strategy and ensure it is aligned with the local HR regulations and MdM HR protocols
- Participate to the definition of human resources needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
- Update and monitor the HR budget
- Participate and ensure the rolling out of the new classification and salary grid as well as the new salary policy for national staff
- Update the HR documents of the mission and check compliance with local legislation and MdM policies
- Establish, update, and ensure compliance of the recruitment processes and procedures
- Develop and harmonize HR tools and supervise the implementation by the field teams
- Supervise and/or carry out HR recruitment
- Deploy and monitor the evaluation schedule for national staff
- Supervise administrative management of national staff
Team Management, Technical Support & Capacity Building:
- Recruit the staff under your direct or technical responsibility
- Provide regular evaluation to your team
- Train the HR national team on the general HR administration procedures
- Define and follow-up training plan for the national staff in accordance with MdM guidelines
- Explain the MdM HR procedure and tools to staffs
- Organise presentation/information sessions on code of conduct, PSEA, Child abuse and anti-fraud and corruption policies
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics
- Manage internal mobility for national staff alongside relevant coordinators
Communication, Reporting & Capitalization:
- Liaise with international NGOs HR coordinators in-country
- Participate to MdM team meetings
- Participate in meetings with the logistics & finance department
- Contribute to the monthly Sit-Rep
- Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to the position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management
- At least 4 years of working experience in a humanitarian context as HR coordinator, administrative coordinator or in HR management
- Experience in conflict or difficult context is an asset
- Experience in capacity building Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context
- Diplomacy, negotiation, and networking skills
- Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Languages: fluent in English is mandatory and knowledge in French is a plus
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Medecins du Monde.
Conditions of Employment:
- Gross monthly salary: 2,860 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Medecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.