Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager – Windows and Devices
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Number: 1184926
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0 – 25%
- Across Microsoft, we’re accelerating progress to a more sustainable future with ambitious goals such as becoming carbon negative by 2030 and removing all carbon the company has emitted from the atmosphere by 2050.
- The Windows and Devices organization has a significant role to play here given the carbon emissions associated with manufacturing new PCs and the electricity consumed by our large (1B+) and growing user base. We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Program Manager who loves sustainability and data to join us in our mission of reducing Windows’ carbon footprint.
- As a Program Manager on our team, you will collaborate with others, leveraging rich datasets, to identify opportunities emission reductions. As you find these opportunities, you will:
- Work with our engineering team to build customer facing experiences and developer dashboards and tools to improve optics on emissions.
- Partner with internal teams across the company and external developers to help them reduce the emissions their code is responsible for.
- Throughout all your work, you will use data to tell a compelling story that motivates others to engage and act.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Data-driven: You’ll analyze and derive insights about areas of opportunity from telemetry data that inform and help prioritize our investments, learn from in-market products, and feed forward to future products.
- Feature design: You will design new experiences within Windows and other dashboards / tools that will be used by software engineers and customers alike to understand and reduce their own emissions.
- Cross-team engagement: As you identify areas of opportunity you will tell a story with data through dashboards and other collateral to engage with other product teams to drive sustainability optimizations and features.
- Strategy: You’ll help set the vision and product strategy to meet our ambitious objectives.
- B.A / B.Sc in Computer Science, Data Science, or related Technical / Mathematics discipline.
- 2+ years program management or related experience in a technical area.
- Passion for using data to understand the world and to drive the right change, while managing competing priorities.
- The ability to see the bigger picture and focus on end-to-end customer scenarios.
- Leadership, communication, and cross-group collaboration skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.