eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, IT Engineering and Operations (ITEO)
- The Senior Manager, ITEO role is to ensure that the operation of the ICT and DevOps departments are effective in supporting the business objectives of the organization. Reporting to the Director of Global Health Informatics (GHI), this manager designs, staffs and directly supervises the day-to-day activities of the two departments.
- (S)he collaborates with eHA department heads to identify and document human resource requirements and to build cohesive and responsive teams.
- This manager is responsible for defining and implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices and for achieving certifications that further the organization’s goals.
To perform this job successfully, (S)he will perform the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify and implement ICT & DevOps goals
- Manages ICT and DevOps staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions
- Identifies, communicates and mitigates IT-related risks
- Establishes and manages procurement processes and vendor relationships
- Supports and implements strategic initiatives (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Ensures the availability, security and performance of the ICT infrastructure at all eHA offices
- Networks, gateways & wireless access points
- Servers & printers
- Desktops & mobile devices (including phones)
- Operating systems and end-user application software
- Line-of-business applications (e.g. BambooHR, Sage X3, etc.):
- Develops, tests and maintains a disaster recovery plan for all eHA offices
- Develops, tests and maintains a patch management plan for all hardware and software
- Establishes cost-effective ICT network, hardware and software product standards
- Sets and communicates ICT policies and works with HR to ensure employee compliance
- Manages an internal help desk in support of eHA employees and consultants
- Implements a rotating coverage pool for incident response and off-hours support
- Coordinates new employee orientation & refresher training (e.g. for security)
- Establishes and maintains the ICT asset tracking system (including warranties)
- Supports periodic ICT audits
- Ensures the availability, security and performance of the DevOps-managed infrastructure:
- Compute & storage (AWS and OpenStack)
- Authentication/authorization services & password repositories
- Software development-related applications (eg. JIRA, Confluence, Travis, GitHub, etc.):
- Works with GHI’s principal architect and technical leads to design and implement a hardware / software reference architecture for field deployments
- Coordinates sprint planning and execution in support of eHA programs
- Defines processes for continuous integration testing and automated deployments
- Manages an external help desk in support of eHA program customers and partners
- Implements a rotating coverage pool for incident response and off-hours support
- Establishes cost-effective DevOps product standards in collaboration with stakeholders
- Develops and implements administrative procedures and technical solutions for safeguarding data sets with personally-identifiable / protected health information
- Establishes and enforces policies for eHA’s public open source repositories
- A Master’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science plus ten (10) years of experience of which five (5) years have been in progressively responsible IT management positions, or:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science plus fifteen (15) years of experience of which 8 (eight) years have been in progressively responsible IT management positions
- Solid grasp of ICT and DevOps concepts (including scrum) and functional areas (e.g. help desk, asset management, security and network/server operations)
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and mentor teams of up to fifteen (15) people
- Demonstrated project management experience including estimation, costing and reporting (PMI certification a plus).
- English and French are the spoken and written language.
Job Title: Data Scientist Intern
- The Data Scientist (Intern) develops models to discover the patterns and information hidden in vast amounts of spatial and non spatial data across several programs at eHA to support better programmatic decisions, intervention planning and improved information products.
- S/he will apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis, and build high quality prediction models that will form core of eHA’s information products; It could be food security / disease / agriculture early warning systems or optimised supply chain management systems.
- S/he is an experienced scientist/engineer who is expected to take projects from initial data mining and research through all stages of prototyping, development and final integration and into the production data that goes out the users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Data Scientist (Intern) will work under the supervision of the GIS Department Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Use best practices to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models on public health and geospatial data.
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of eHA’s core deliverables.
- Manage end-to-end machine learning pipeline from data exploration, feature engineering, model building, performance evaluation, and testing.
- Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data.
- Use distributed data processing and analysis to support public health analytics projects.
- Work with domain experts (e.g. epidemiologists and nutritionists) and cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of eHA’s programmatic areas. Lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across eHA’s modelling and analytics solutions for eHA’s programs and partners. You will research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company work-sites. Some international travel may be required.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in annual strategic planning meetings, country management meetings, staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Masters Degree in Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or Statistics. Ongoing PhD is desire.
- Experience communicating with diverse teams including geospatial specialists, data scientists, software engineers, program managers, and executive management.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality analytics insights and solutions.
- Experience innovating and implementing novel Machine Learning techniques
- Experience using all these Machine Learning techniques: clustering, regression, classification, graphical models, mixture models, topic models, and matrix factorization.
- Self driven individual who can take a high-level problem and see it to completion.
- Knowledge of distributed computing solutions and ability to leverage them towards gaining faster insights from data.
- Deep understanding, analysis, and mining of large amount of structured and semi-structured data.
- Knowledge and experience managing and analyzing public health and global development data.
- Dataset experience in document, graph, log data, and semi-structured data
- Strength in Machine Learning, Statistical Modeling, Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, or Search Ranking.
- Excellent communication and team promotion skills.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Flare, Tableau etc.
- Working knowledge of common data science toolkits, such as Python, R (including spatial packages), Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as CouchDB, Cassandra.
- Working knowledge of Elastic Stack.
- Working knowledge of geospatial analytics tools and processes such as QGIS, PostGIS, Geoserver, etc.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply