The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Webcruiter ID: 4310687681
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Overview / Description
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- We are looking for a Human Resource and Administration Officer to support the Country HR and Administration team based in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Human Resources and Administration Officer is to provide Human Resources support to the various human resource functions according to Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
- The Human Resources and Administration Officer reports to the Human Resources and Administration Manager – Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of NRC staff
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, Pension Office, Medical insurance company, etc
- Maintain up to date record of NRC staff statutory deductions & remissions which include Pensions, NSITF e.t.c
- Maintain and keep records of all NRC staff timesheet
- Payslip preparation for NRC staff
- Leave administration.
- Implementing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labour laws with NRC’s HR policies and procedures.
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good university degree from a reputable university preferably Human Resources Management
- A professional degree would be an added advantage
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 1st January, 2021
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Travel: 40% travels outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level: Grade 5
- Duty station: Maiduguri
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Procedures and CV Registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
Application Deadline: 22nd November, 2020.