Onstream Group – With over 35 years of international experience within the Oil & Gas Industry and Industrial markets. The Onstream Group has strategically aligned itself with its business partners & affiliates to provide cost-effective and operational efficient solutions.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Procurement Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing products and services to be purchased.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
- Negotiate contracts/agreements for purchasing of materials.
- Recommend suppliers; administer contracts throughout the project.
- Assess supplier performance: quality, cost, delivery, service.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction on projects.
- Conduct industry research to identify potential suppliers
- Clarify discrepancies between material received and orders, if any with suppliers
- Provides a proactive supplier expediting surveillance support service to Project by ensuring material and documentation deliverables proceed in accordance with contractual requirements, and fully in compliance with Project procedures
- Work with the project team on procurement and execution of engineering packages of project long lead items and bulk materials including materials required for early tie-in activities.
- Develop procurement plan/strategy for the entire project that defines the detailed procurement processes
- Organize both sealed and emailed bid openings in line with company procedures for both technical and commercial bid received. Perform critical evaluation/analysis of bids received, by applying the evaluation model and criteria in which bids received are evaluated.
- Management of preparatory works, inspection, materials delivery and materials receipt etc.
- Manage the entire project procurement activities with the usage of the end-to-end procurement tools ranging from RFQ issuance, collation of commercial and technical evaluations, recommendations, Purchase order issuance, expediting of materials and service contracts and final close out of project.
- Performing other duties as requested.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Responsible for purchase of materials required for project needs. The Technical Procurement Officer is expected to have technical knowledge, expertise, understanding of the role.
- The Technical Procurement Officer oversee the purchasing of technical goods and services for the organization.
- The officer has very detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in all organization’s projects, and is able to identify companies that sell them.
- Professional certifications/Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Experience in an engineering, procurement and operations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the use of MS suit, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze bills of material and drawings to understand key requirements.
- Knowledge and direct experience in negotiating contracts and quotations with Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Ability to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Strong Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem identification and solution abilities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.