Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultancy – Decent Work Advisor
Ref No: req11533
Reports to: Relationship Manager
Project Overview and Role:
- CFYE is looking for a consultant to serve as a Decent Work (DW) Thematic advisor to support our team in Nigeria. As a decent work advisor, the consultant will ensure that Decent work principles and approaches developed by the CFYE Decent work team are embedded and applied to the Nigerian implementing partners of CFYE.
- The advisor will support the local team during the inception phase, in assessing a job quality baselines and to develop tailored action plans for job quality improvement for 8 active projects in Nigeria.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct Job Quality Assessments:
In close cooperation with Relationship Manager, in-country MEL advisor, CFYE MEL team, Decent work Thematic lead and other experts / volunteers:
- Conduct on-site job quality assessments with each IP, using predetermined research questions and process data.
- Work with IPs to develop decent work action plans.
TA Diagnostics and Advice:
- Work with the Relationship Manager and Decent Work thematic lead to deliver advice based on gaps identified in the diagnostic.
- Advise on appropriate ways to deliver TA in the field of decent work.
- If needed, conduct more in-depth follow up assessments.
- Contribute to the development of overall and partner specific TA plans and M&E tools for TA interventions and refinements and adjustments of TA plans during project life cycle.
- Advise on Scope of Work/JDs for TA interventions, information packs for VSO volunteers and consultants taking up TA assignments.
Decent Work Advisory:
- Work with the local team the CFYE Relationship Manager and MEL advisor to deliver Decent Work advice to IPs.
- Conduct face-to-face visits to Implementing partners and key stakeholders.
- Job quality assessment undertaken at each Implementing Partner.
- More in-depth Decent work TA needs assessment performed at IPs where relevant.
- Decent work action plans developed with IPs and monitoring of implementation.
- Inputs for Technical Assistance plan and scopes of work regarding decent work delivered for each Implementing Partner.
Level of Effort:
- 25 days in the months of July October 2021. After this period, follow-up assignments can be expected based on needs of the Implementing Partners for Technical Assistance.
- Nigerian national, based in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated competency in guiding private sector players to create decent jobs, especially jobs in the digital services sector as well as the agriculture sector.
- Experience with defining quality criteria for a variety of types of jobs, in different sectors and in both the formal and informal sector and for self-employment.
- Knowledge of the landscape of rules, regulations and guidelines that set standards for working conditions, such as ILO conventions, the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises, the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and national labour law.
- Knowledge on gender equality and social inclusion, particularly in relation to the workplace.
- Well experienced in the field of labour rights, corporate social responsibility (CSR), design and implementation of CSR policies, corporate accountability, business ethics, sustainable private sector development, social auditing, business advisory, employability management and/or job satisfaction or -motivation.
- Strong experience working with private sector partners, a variety of stakeholders, and people from different countries and cultures.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- High English proficiency.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.