Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Pulka, Borno
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking to implement General Food Distribution and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme project funded by World Food Programme (WFP).
- The post holder is to manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP and Plan International warehouse and logistic guidelines.
Dimension of Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics operation in Pulka ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members. The post holder will support development of Plan International implementing partners and staff capacity building. The post holder will supervise the car hire driver.
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Ensure timely welcome services, warehouse management and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Manage travels of staff with Maiduguri Admin officer with respect to UNHAS bookings and feedback
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Prepares and maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Store Management using specified software
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff in Pulka field office
- Effective management of the office operations
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that proper filing systems are in place for the office.
- Manage and keep Asset register for the field office
- Plan and supervise the workflow in a warehouse
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Taking records of general stock provided by WFP and movement of General Food Distribution and Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme items.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical checking and counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintain and manage inventories accurately
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the Field office coordinator and Logistics and Procurement in Emergencies Specialist about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Perform logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers and keep an updated vendor list
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Procurement & Logistics Specialist and other dotted line management.
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization
- Support the preparation of reports for domestic and international consumption.
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Project Coordinator
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery and resource mobilization.
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role including relevant experience in the deep field?
- Relevant experience in warehouse management
- Experience in use of SAP
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to carry strenuous warehouse duties of lifting heavy items
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 20th July, 2020.