RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 40 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
RTI International is currently seeking operations specialists for the USAID-funded E-WASH program (which will aim to strengthen urban water service delivery in several Nigerian states), to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Manager
- Will provide overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of HR staff in-country.
- Facilitate on-boarding and training of staff and support and monitor project recruitment.
- Review, disseminate, and ensure compliance with HR policy guidelines and country employee handbooks in tandem with focal labor laws; USAID rules and regulations; and RTI policies, values, ethics, procedures, and strategies.
- University degree in HR, Business, or related field and at least 6 years of experience in HR.
- Relevant working experience in HR for multi-site projects.
- Ability to perform abroad range of specialized activities related to HR management, including administration of recruitment, contracting and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions, and reporting.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of Nigerian labor laws, customs, and prevailing practices for hiring and benefits.
- Experience working with USAID/USG-funded contracts preferred.
Job Title: Institutional/Policy Reform Specialist
- Will provide leadership for technical assistance on policy, legal and legislative, institutional, and regulatory activities.
- Support efforts to conduct research activities for building political support for reform, Strengthen utility service monitoring, reporting, and bench-marking.
- Master’s degree required with at least 12 years’ experience in policy and institutional development in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated capacity to build relationships and consensus across state- and federal-level stakeholders to institute policy reform.
- Experience with governance and policy reform for the WASH sector highly preferred.
- Additional experience in organizational review of effective governance frameworks for public sectors (water and power), including policy formulation and advocacy, legislative drafting, regulatory and tariff framework design, and legal analysis.
Job Title: Utility Support Fund Manager
- Will oversee the disbursement of the Utility Support Fund in coordination with the Utility Technical Specialist.
- Support operational and financial assessments of the utilities to prioritize needed investments.
- Monitor the SWB activity against the respective performance improvement plans to ensure appropriate use and administration of the fund.
- Master’s degree and 9 years of experience, or University degree and 12 years of relevant work experience in finance and contracts management.
- Extensive experience in procurement of goods and services, including preparing and issuing solicitations and proposals, monitoring contract performance, and ensuring compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of international best practices in procurement regulations and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of USAID regulations pertaining to procurement and contracts management,
- Experience with fund management, impact investment and private sector partnerships and co-funding is preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s with current contact information to: [email protected] Submissions should include the position title in the subject heading.
Application Deadline 29th June, 2018.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.