SOS Childrens Villages work in more than 133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In Nigeria, SOS Children’s Villages has been active since 1973 and has presence in Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu, Ogun State, Gwagwalada-Abuja, Jos-Plateau State, Ibadan-Oyo State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Admin & Logistics Officer
- The overview of this role is to Plan, organize, store, secure, package, disseminate and account for all supplies coming into the Organization through the National Office.He/She is to perform administrative and office support to ensure the smooth and timely procurement, storage and distribution of related goods, supplies, and materials, perform reconciliation of all supplies for locations as need arises.
- He/She is to provide support to all the functions in terms of logistics and administrative processes and ensure workplace environmental health and Safety through good sanitation.
- Provide support in procurement procedures and services.
- Support in Facility Service Monitoring and followup to ensure compliance with standards
- Supervise the use of the Office Vehicles and assets
- Provide Office Store Management
- Support in travel/Immigration services
- Ensure workplace Environmental Health & Safety [EH&S]
- Provide Admin & Logistics Filing System and support
- At least B.Sc degree in Administration or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of Procurement Procedures
- Analytical, strong communication, people and problem-solving skills
- Good ICT skills
- Interpersonal and mediation skills
Job Title: National Individual Giving Coordinator (NIGC)
- Reporting to the Head of Function, the NIGC will be part of a dynamic new team coordinating the donor and giving portfolio.
- The incumbent will strengthen and foster donor relations with focus on identifying and stewarding individuals with potential to contribute to the Organization achieving its fundraising goals/targets.
- H/She must be familiar with and support the Organization’s Strategic goals.
- Plan, coordinate and implement fundraising projects, including stewardship events with donors, direct mail campaigns, letter correspondence, telephone campaigns, strategic work plan, etc
- Maintain a communication schedule and list of donors
- Keep records of all interactions with donors and update database
- Provide fundraising goal progression update for review
- Strategize, identify and research current and potential major donors with a view to cultivating a financial relationship
- Plan, execute and host fundraising events with donors or potential donors
- Create and maintain a donor recognition program
- Achieve revenue targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Administration, Business or any related field
- 3 years related experience in fundraising ideally in non-profit sector
- Familiarity in maintaining a client database
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software
- Proficient in English: verbal, written and presentation.
Job Title: National Corporate Relations Coordinator
- The Corporate Relations Coordinator is responsible for managing the Organization’s relationships with Local and National Corporate funders.
- The position works closely with the Head of Fund Development & Communications to create and manage a corporate prospect pipeline and support a comprehensive strategy to meet goals for corporate sponsorships.
Prospecting and Research:
- Through research and analysis, build and manage a portfolio of prospective and new corporate sponsors Support strategies for cultivation and solicitation of these sponsors and manage stewardship plans for each new relationship
Cultivation & Solicitation:
- Manage and implement existing tools, refine and create new ones to support Corporate Development Committee’s work in soliciting new corporate sponsor relationships
- Support the Head of Function in preparing corporate sponsorship materials including introductory letters proposals, information packets, final reports and other mailings/correspondence
- Coordinate corporate sponsor prospect meetings and follow-up
Benefit Fulfillment and Stewardship:
- Support in providing benefit fulfillment and recognition for corporate sponsors Support to ensure programmatic and marketing benefits are appropriately fulfilled
- Identify needs and marketable opportunities that would attract and interest corporate sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or equivalent professional experience
- 3 years’ experience in corporate relations with non-profit , corporate relationship management or sales
- Experience in researching and managing portfolios [Cold-calling experience a plus]
- Proficient in writing solicitation letters and proposal materials and creating/managing budgets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience working with a complex donor database
- Knowledge of Child’s Rights and Child Protection is an advantage
Job Title: National Communications Coordinator
- The overview of responsibility of the National Communication Coordinator is to support the Fund Development & Communication function and the organization to manage communication within and outside the organization, as well as to develop emergency plans in the sector to protect the Organization’s reputation according to the Organization’s regulations.
- He/she will build relationships with traditional media, by producing timely and strategic content for the organization’s multiple social media and multimedia platforms and place stories, with an emphasis on increasing the support for children who have lost, or at the risk of losing parental care.
- Coordinate and prepare the Leadership for press conference and coverage, manage the organization’s social media accounts by maintaining active social networking presence and ensure consistency in the organization’s messaging to diverse audiences.
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials for the external audience.
- Manage and produce written and visual/multimedia content for email, website, and social media networks to raise the visibility and supports the organization’s fundraising drive.
- Plan and manage projects that use visuals, video, and/or multimedia story-telling to support the organization’s work. Potential projects could include producing short web videos or infographics on timely issues, supervising design consultant work, and designing flyers.
- Build relationships with media outlets and key communications partners that will lead to mainstream media coverage of the organization’s events and track news coverage of the organization and its key issues.
- Develop and incorporate new communications tools and creative disseminations strategies to strengthen the organization’s programming.
- At least a Bachelor degree in Mass Communications, English and other related areas and 3 years cognate experience
- Work experience with the OVC issues/experience in working with diverse communities or social development organizations.
- Experience using various social media platforms and knowledge of social media engagement strategies.
- Strong communication skills – with demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content and presentation.
- Creative thinking and proven systematic organizational skills to work independently without supervision, determine workload priorities to complete work in a timely manner, and identify and resolve problems.
- Proven skill at working in a collective environment, including interpersonal skills to interact sensitively with colleagues, children, young adults, community members, and workers from diverse social, cultural, and educational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated skill in developing relationships with and pitching news stories to media.
- Graphic design skills and video/multimedia production will be an added advantage.
Job Title: Next Economy Youth Coach
Location: Abuja / Lagos
- The overview of the job role is to support the planning (including budgeting), implementation, and monitoring of the Next Economy Programme activities, in accordance with the organisation’s policies, strategies, and available resources.
- He/she will develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth, work with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance, mentoring and counselling for young people to acquire the skills that meet the demands of the labour market and guide them during internships towards a ‘decent job’ or in starting up a promising business as an entrepreneur
- Strengthen youth social skills and facilitate access to youth employment
- Coaching and support youth in identifying strengths and interests and to set SMART goals for success
- Provide social skills groups and provide case management services, including referrals to support youth and in developing stability and self-sufficiency.
- Support in development of sustainable youth business in coordination with the business incubation Hubs and the Programme development and strategy team
- Support in Youth capacity development and annual self-assessment, for project impact
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Youth and Community Development or related fields
- At least 4 years’ experience in youth development work
- Experience in guidance and counselling of young people
- 3 years of experience working with entrepreneurs and/or small-medium enterprises [SMEs] or self- employments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective, professional relationships with youth and multi- disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated success in working with youth, particularly in group settings
- Demonstrated effective communication
Job Title: National Family Strengthening Programme Coordinator
- The overview of the National Family Strengthening Programme [FSP] Coordinator is to lead the strategic development of family strengthening programmes within the country and to guide and support the programme coordinators as well as staff directly involved in the operations of FSP facilitate the joint development of the national FSP plans and ensure their effective implementation.
- Lead the development of National FSP Strategy and Plans, and initiate new FSPs
- Promote partnerships and participation, and Support effective monitoring & evaluation of programmes
- Build a committed and effective team; and accountability in the programmes
- Contribute to the work of the broader organization
- At least a first degree in Sociology or other related areas.
- At least 5 years of experience in development work.
- Strong knowledge of Child Protection and Child’s Right and ability to work with multiple stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication, analytical, research, problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Proven project and team management skills as well as a willingness to travel within and outside the country.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th October, 2017