SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lifting Specialist – H / F
Location: Lagos & Offshore
- Prepare FFSD lifting activities offshore according to HSE regulations.
- Preparing lifting plan.
- Preparing the permit to work and getting it approved by Site Lifting Specialist.
- Implements with Contractor Site Representative any Risk Assessment of Job Safety Analysis as required by Project HSE procedures.
- Create work procedures; assess contractors’ personnel and equipment for suitability for the work.
- Providing technical input on contractor and consultant selection with handling and lifting content.
- Verifies that the lifting equipment satisfies regulatory requirements: Condition / fitness for purpose, SWL and WLL, Serial No. Identification Number, Valid certificate, Colour code if applicable.
- Diploma holder
- Experience in Offshore construction, Site supervision, Installation, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry preferably on an FPSO.
- Minimum of 6 years experience
- Advanced rigging and lifting level 2 competences minimum.
- Experience in oil and gas or related industry to have knowledge of the specific environment linked to HSE aspects
- Ability to work in a large multinational team
- Ability to work independently while maintaining good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site
- Working language: English mandatory, French is an advantage
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organizational ability.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.