SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Welding & Painting Supervisor
Reference number: 2019-11770
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Temporary Work Contract: Contractual hours
Contract Duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Assist ECP Site Superintendent,
- Guide the contractors and COMPANY personnel during site technical visits (pre-bid, study, etc.) and provide clarification as necessary,
- Participate to the site kick off meetings and associated JRA,
- Participate to the post-mobilization inspections made with FO for all ECP activities to take place on site,
- Verify proper qualification of contractors’ construction & inspection personnel and report any deviation,
- Verify suitability as well as proper calibration and documentation of contractors’ construction & inspection equipment and report any deviation,
- Verify proper identification of material to be incorporated as well as availability and suitability of supporting documentation (mill test certificates, prefabrication dossier, vendor documentation, etc.) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper preparation and organization of the contractors (availability of necessary personnel, tool and documentation) and report any deviation,
- Follow up of the work permits (PTW) from preparation, signature and up to closure, handling their technical aspects and liaising with HSE supervisor regarding their safety aspects,
- Verify suitability of scaffolds to be used by contractors and report any anomaly or inadequacy,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved work procedures and report any deviation,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved Quality Control Plan (ITP) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of material, welding, NDT and painting traceability and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of an as built marked-up master of technical drawings and diagrams,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the pre-commissioning tests/checks and report any deviation,
- Review and endorse contractors’ inspection, check and test records or reports,
- Prepare and issue NCR in case of deviation from applicable specifications or approved technical documents,
- Verify works’ progress against schedule and report any slippage,
- Provide assistance to commissioning team.
- Provide daily activity report and progress follow-up to Site Superintendent, QC Leader and Project Engineer,
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him.
- Engineering background with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction of Oil & Gas installations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Engineering and AWS-CWI or IWI-S/C or IWT or CSWIP3.2 minimum qualification in welding inspection and ISO 9712 or ASNT level 2 minimum qualification in RT films interpretation as well as NACE or BGAS or FROSIO level2 minimum qualification in painting inspection.
- Good English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to adapt and to discuss with contractors
- SAS HUET (or BOSIET) and CA-EBS
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: MIE Maintenance Leader
Reference number: 2019-11803
Contractual Hours: Full time
- As a member of MIIE Project, he/she is in charge of Maintenance activities for the MIIE project
- He/she ensures the Maintenance RE-Engineering progress, the internal reporting and customer reporting. He/she is in close cooperation with Spare Parts leader and Procurement Leader
Must be and remain well informed of rules, instructions and procedures regarding QHSE.
- Implements and ensures implementation of SPIE OGS QHSE rules, instructions and procedures.
- Makes proposals for the continuous improvement of QHSE provisions.
- Draws up noncompliance and/or observation reports when noting any malfunction or risk situation and transmits them to the local QHSE department.
- Immediately alerts any person who caused a risk situation, on noting the occurrence of any such situation.
- Adopts an eco-approach at all times in the exercise of his/her duties.
- Alerts the line management when encountering any professional situation that does not comply with the principles and rules governing the carrying out of SPIE Group activities (Ethics Alert).
- He/she manages Maintenance Team.
- He/she is responsible for Maintenance issues.
- He/she performs the equipment Maintainability study ( engineering and vendor’s documentation study)
- He/she performs the global maintenance plan (including lubrication plan, running plan, on-condition plan, maintenance procedures and all documents/ sheets linked to the maintenance tasks).
- He/she ensures coherence with the maintenance strategy.
- He/she provides maintenance plan and running plan.
- He/she supervises the Reliability Centered Maintenance and the Optimization studies.
- He/she provides lubrication plan and sheets.
- He/she provides maintenance procedures (list of tasks, resources, durations, spares, tools, data to report) including major equipment overhauls.
- He/she provides on-condition monitoring plan and CBM on the relevant manual.
- He/she analyzes Maintenance Operational priced Spare Parts List with Procurement Leader and Spare Parts Leader.
- He/she is the main focal point for Maintenance discussions and decisions.
- He/she reports to Head of Project.
- Education: Engineer Level with 7 Year Minimum Experience
- IT Knowledge: Microsoft Office and SAP
- Languages: Fluent in English (Written, Spoken)
- Others: Ready or used to work abroad for spot mission or long assignment.
- Strong Experience required in Maintenance Engineering, Management and Planning
- Average Experience: SAP or CMMS knowledge, RCM and CBM.
- Previous experience in Maintenance activities on oil & gas plant
- Interpersonal skills : Effective Communication / Capacity to influence the organization / Leadership / Motivation / Negotiation and conflict management / Problem solving
- Minimum Level of Experience Required: 6 years or more
- Languages: English (D-Full professional proficiency).
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply