SterlingPRO Business is a FINTECH that provides innovative, market-relevant and industrialized technology consulting solutions that drive high performance to the financial sector primarily. SterlingPRO is a global brand servicing Top Commercial Banks across Nigeria and Africa with plans to expand into other markets like U.S, Europe and Asia. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Anthony-Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Administering payrolls and ensure timely payments.
- Controlling income and expenditure.
- Generate financial reports and statements to management for review.
- Analyse financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Monitor expenditures, analyse revenues and determine budget variances and report to management.
- Respond to accounting enquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to policies and regulations.
- Preparing and following up on invoices with clients.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
Qualifications and Criteria
- Candidate must be a B.Sc. graduate with an academic background in either of the following degrees: Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Possession of ICAN / ACCA or in advanced stages of professional exams is a plus.
- 2 years or more work experience as an accountant.
- High level of Numeracy / proficiency in IT.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving, critical thinking skills and ability to think on the spot
- Candidate must not be older than 28years in as at 2021.
- Ability to Liaise and build good relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Candidate must reside in Lagos; close proximity to Maryland.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 14th January, 2021.