WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Geologist
- Analyzing geological data using applicable industry standard software.
- Reservoir description and characterization using available data from Well logs, core, and seismic data.
- Develop scenario based geological models and realizations, incorporating relevant aspects of other disciplines to support field reviews, FDPs and ongoing drilling activities for the purpose of maximising hydrocarbon recovery by identifying in-fill and development opportunities.
- Generate geologic deliverables from models viz; structural and reservoir correlation, Top sands Maps, Static Reservoir 3D Modelling, Sand thickness maps, Porosity, Saturation & Hydrocarbon thickness, using deterministic and statistical methodologies.
- Provide high quality geological inputs to subsurface studies and Field Development Plans (FDP)
- Computation of static volumes (STOIIP and GIIP) for field studies and STOG opportunity efforts.
- Contribute to identifying STOG opportunities and the successful realization of value from execution.
- Drive and contribute to detailed well planning, with drillable wells, lowest unit cost Well plans, from surface to well reservoir penetration.
- Supervises geological operations in the course of drilling Guarantees and validates flow of wellsite data to the office Guarantees the transfer of information concerning drilling safety.
- Make geologic contributions to integrated team studies and operations.
- Contribute to Well proposals and End of Well (EOW) Reports as required.
- Supervises data acquisitions (Mud log, LWD, Wireline, VSP, MDT, and coring.) Controls quality and validate the acquired data to ensure compliance with objectives and defined standards.
- Coordinates and writes End of Well (EOW) reports for drilled Wells.
- Carries out quality audits on contractors and service companies.
- Archiving of geological data and models in SharePoint sites.
- Make subsurface inputs to Reserves & Resource evaluation.
- B.Sc. Degree in Geology from a recognised University, candidates with a higher degree (M. Sc., Ph.D.) is an advantage.
- Previous experience as a project or team lead for integrated projects will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry, at least 10 of which should cover petroleum engineering operations and integrated petroleum studies.
- Versatile with workstation-based reservoir modelling (Petrel, etc.), Well log correlation/X-Section and integrating production performance.
- Strong ability to understand and embed new ways of working to deliver business improvement gains.
- Good understanding of integrated Oil & Gas Development and its value drivers.
- Quantification of reservoir risk and uncertainty and integration with volumetric calculations.
- Skilled with the fundamentals of all Petroleum Geology specialists’ area (especially Seismic, Production and Reservoir Geology) and hands-on ability of geological applications and software including Petrel.
- Field experience in, Well appraisal, drilling, Geomechanical analysis, pressure prediction and fault seal analysis.
- Competence in a wide range of field, reservoir and uncertainties management, field development and data management activities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills desirable.
- Strong report-writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate personal initiative and ability to apply good judgement and skills in uncertainty analysis.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.