The Sasakawa Africa Association /Sasakawa Global 2000 (SAA/SG2000), a non-profit governmental organization with its office in Nigeria, promotes demonstration and widespread adoption of improved pre and post-production agricultural technologies for small holder farmers in Nigeria in collaboration with relevant government institutions, farmers’ organizations, and private sector.
The project is implemented through five Interrelated Themes, one is to improve farm productivity (Theme 1), to promotion improved post-harvest and agro-processing technologies (Theme 2), to promote public-private partnership in support of pluralistic extension delivery and market access (Theme 3, to develop agricultural extension advisory services (Theme 4), and to establish a relevant efficient and effective monitoring, evaluation, learning and sharing system (Theme 5).
We are looking for Program Officer (POs) from Nigerian nationals to serve in the MELS and PPP Themes; Hence we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Public-Private Partnerships (Theme 3)
Location: Kano, with frequent travel within the country.
- The Program Officer works under the supervision of the Thematic Coordinator, and the Country director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Thematic Coordinator and PRO in planning, budgeting and implementation of Theme activities based on approved budgets;
- Contribute to the planning, organizing, and conducting appropriate training for targted beneficiaries (Farmers organizations, inputs dealers, seed companies staff. SMS. etc) appropriate times;
- Facilitate the development of functional groups/commodity associations that will collectively carry out input and output marketing functions.
- Facilitate partner farmer groups to Internally mobilize resources/funds and access load from financial institutions to support their enterprises
- Contribute in the development and strengthening of partnership between farmers, research-extension; inputs dealers, amid other actors;
- Produce and Keep a well organized register (or list)of thematic partners and activities;
- Contribute to the development and management of Theme 3 database of Public Private Service providers/PPSPs (collection of data, establishment, monitoring and management of the database);
- Contribute in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual technical reports and submit to the Thematic and Country Director
- Keep and improve team spirit inside Theme 3 and on the issue of inter-theme collaboration by supporting, whenever needed, possible activities of other themes;
- Perform any other duties for the success of the Theme as directed by supervisors.
- Minimum requirement of B.Sc in Agribusinesses/Agricultural Economics or Agronomy or Agricultural extension with 7 years experience, a candidate with MSC is preferred
- Applies appropriate technologies and skills in training, and for data gathering, analysis and timely reporting.
- Has the ability to work productively in team environment and independently and willing to meet unexpected demands.
- Should be computer literate
- Willing to do extensive field work.
Conditions and Remuneration
- Contract for one year, with possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funds
- Salary based on the organization scale.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to submit an application, including the following non-returnable documents:
- Application letters stating Intent of interest.
- Curriculum Vitae with three referees;
- Copies of credentials
All applications must be made electronically using the following email or postal address: [email protected]
The Country Director,
Sasakawa Global 2000,
No. 8 Kura Road,
Off Magajin Rumfa Nassarawa GRA,