The BBC World Service Trust in Nigeria, the BBC’s international development charity which tackle poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media is seeking to recruit experienced individuals who will join the Team based in Abuja on a new project. The project aims to address and improve the numerous health challenges plaguing women and children in our society through media development activities which will be designed to boost the capacity of media partners in the focal states to serve the public interest.
The positions are in Abuja based but may involve travelling to the local states in Nigeria and the contract duration is expected to be one year, with a six month probation period. Salary will be based on experience but does not include moving or relocation allowance to duty station.
Job Title: Research Officer (Qualitative)
- Assist in the effective design, co-ordination and delivery of research for all the mass media health, good governance and livelihood campaign comprising of formative research, process research (pre testing of outputs) and impact evaluation
- Undertake the conduct of all research sampling, discussion guides and questionnaire design
- Ability to speak and write one or more of the following Nigeria Languages, Hausa will be an advantage
- Qualitative research skills (moderating analysis and interpretation of data)
- Some knowledge of quantitative research techniques and how they are informed by qualitative methods
- A good grasp or enthusiasm to learn about, communication strategies, development issues and public health issues.
- Experience of writing precise and clear reports and briefing documents
- Minimum of 3 years progressive working experience
- Good IT skills, including MS word, Excel and Power point
- A good first degree in health sciences, behavioural sciences, the social sciences or the humanities
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability and motivation on why they like the job, a detailed curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) not later than 10th November 2011 to the
Head of HR/Administration,
BBC World service Trust,
(word document please) with the position applied for clearly stated.