A research and training organization based at Enugu invites applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Programme Assistant. The successful candidate will hold the position for a probationary period of six months after which the position will be regularized subject to positive performance assessment. The location of this position is Enugu, but the successful applicant may be required occasionally to travel to other locations as part of her/his duties.
- Assist the Programme Manager and Executive Director of the Institute in planning and conducting of research, training, and advocacy programmes, and in other areas of the Institute’s work.
- Assist the Programme Manager and Executive Director of the Institute in filing reports and other correspondences relating to the range of the Institute’s programmes.
- Assist in organizing meetings and other events related to the Institute’s work under the supervision of the Programme Manager and Executive Director of the Institute
- Support the Programme Manager in facilitating the efficient flow of information and networking between the Executive Director, other programme units, and the Institute’s partners.
- Undertake any other assignment or activity related to the Institute’s work as may be directed and/or required by the Executive Director or Programme Manager of the Institute.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function effectively both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with a diverse group
- Good analytical, speech and writing skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality outputs within tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of the socio-political and geographical environment of the job location.
- Ability to write good field report, proofread and edit for punctuation, grammar, spelling, and clarity.
- Proficiency in computer application and operations
- Minimum of First Degree in any of the Social Sciences (Political Science, Sociology, Economics, etc.).
- Possession of a higher degree is an added advantage.
Preferred: Working experience with a reputable non-governmental organization whose thematic focus is on governance and social development research projects.
- Currently living in Nigeria and Enugu State in particular
- Good writing skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Willingness to travel within and outside Nigeria
- Ability to work with a range of state actors, academics, civil society actors, and development partners
- Very good interpersonal and communications skills
- Fluency in English
Please send your curriculum vitae with three referees, a cover letter, and a two-page letter of motivation to [email protected]
Deadline: Friday, 17 March 2017.
Please state in the email subject the job title. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not receive a response from us by Friday, 24 March 2017, please consider your application as unsuccessful.