BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Application Technology Manger, Personal Care
Requisition ID: 30362
- This position requires an individual who can Lead and manage the application technology laboratory Personal Care in Nigeria for Sub-Saharan Africa region.
What you can Expect
- Represents broad expert know how in the respective personal care formulations and products externally and internally
- Build-up and establish customized product and formulation expertise, market know-how and competence specifically for Sub-Saharan Africa requirements to ensure sustainable and profitable growth.
- Establish customer intimacy towards technical customer representatives; technical selling activities
- Technical product support based on customer demand with regard to the performance/claims of their formulations
- Formulation/technology concept development considering the specific needs for Ethnic African market in close cooperation with operative Marketing
- Steer regular local application/performance testing (external/internal) to provide customized claim support and push market transformation
- Identify product formulation trends and market needs
- Run trainings for local internal and external customers
- Active involvement in local market roll-out processes
What we expect
- University Degree or diploma in Cosmetics/Food science.
- Application and formulation expertise in the development of finished Personal Care Products, especially in Ethnic African Hair Care; sound understanding of the needs of African hair and skin.
- Minimum experience of 5-10 years’ experience in Personal Care Industry or related markets in R&D responsibilities. Interdisciplinary knowledge in hair and skin markets and formulations
- Fluent English language in spoken and written, at least basic French
- Project management
- Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel regularly within the sub-Saharan region
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application Online : Click Here