DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveyor Fleet in charge – Maritime
Requisition ID: 2018-11061
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Business Area: Maritime
Position Type: Permanent employment
Local Unit & Position Description
- The Port Harcourt Station consists of Maritime activities (Fleet in Service (FiS) conventional maritime vessels in particular offshore support vessels, tankers and container vessels and Fleet in Service (FiS-O) FPSOs/ FSOs and Drilling Units ) and Oil and Gas (VMC/CMC) activities for EPC Contractors and IOC/NOCs.
- The present team consists of 4 Maritime Surveyors and 2 Oil and Gas Surveyors and activity level in the station and within the Area of West Africa is on the increase.
- Coverage area includes major ports in Nigeria (Lagos, Port Harcourt, Warri, Onne and Calabar) and offshore Nigeria.
- As a member of the Nigerian Team it is expected to work and support operations within the wider West Africa Area of Operations as and when necessary.
- Surveys and audits for vessels operating in or calling in Nigerian Ports
- Offshore surveys on FPSO/FSO and Drilling Units
- CMC/VMC surveys
- Approval of Service Suppliers
- Travel requirement: Frequent domestic and occasional international travel expected
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job (standing, lifting, climbing, other): Climbing pilot ladders & tanks entries, crew boat launches, voyage surveys.
- Language: English speaking/writing proficiency, French language skills would be an advantage.
- Education: Naval Architect, Marine Engineer, Chief Engineer with shipboard experience
- Years of related experience: >5 years
- Technical competencies: DNV GL qualifications as class & statutory surveyor (FiS and FiS-O) and ISM, ISPS & MLC auditor.
- CMC/VMC in particular related to the offshore and oil/gas industry would be an advantage
- Behavioral competencies: Team player but able to work independently on surveys & audits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply