Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited – In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry, Halliburton serves the life cycle of the well. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Geo-modeller (Consultant II-Hal Consulting)
Requisition Number: 94922
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Halliburton Consulting
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Job Segment: Consulting, Project Manager, Technology
- We are looking for the right people – people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- We seek for a Senior Geologist / Geo-modeller to work with Halliburton Nigeria, in the Consulting and Project Management Department (CPM). The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Petroleum Geology fundamentals and practical knowledge of Seismic, Production and Reservoir Geology. The candidate will also work closely with other disciplines (Job families within Halliburton) including petroleum engineers, drilling engineers, production engineers, petrophysicists, cementing engineers, and facilities engineers, in the delivery of varying multidisciplinary projects / tasks.
- The candidate will conduct geological studies pertinent to understanding the petroleum systems within a basin and the potential of associated exploration prospects e.g. well log analysis and correlation, sequence and seismic stratigraphy, seismic interpretation, structural geology and basin modelling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Geological interpretation, seismic interpretation, and mapping.
- Well log analysis and correlations.
- Build structural framework models.
- Build stacked static models that will capture the different compartments, segments, and isolated FIP regions.
- Utilize geological and geophysical data, to guide field development, workover, and BD decisions.
- Apply skills and use state of the art tools to map and describe prospects, evaluate reservoirs, and participate in volumetric and reserves estimations.
- Deliver premier reserves and contingencies report that accurately reflects the value of the subsurface asset in accordance with the Petroleum Resources Management System (PRMS 2018).
- Make high level weekly presentations and generate daily reports on the status of projects.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Geology or Geophysics from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 10 years practical/hands-on/active experience working as a Geologist / Geo-modeler / Geophysicists. [NB: References/correspondence from current/former employers will be made]
- Minimum of 10 years practical/hands-on/active experience working as a Geologist / Geo-modeler / Geophysicists.
- Practical geological interpretation and static modeling experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Sound working knowledge of exploration-related software packages (DecisionSpace Geoscience, DecisionSpace Petrophysics, Petrel, Techlog, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of the theory and deliverables from Geology, Geophysics and Well drilling operating principles.
- Strong teamwork skills, and advantageous to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.