The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Safety Advisor (Community Liaison Officer)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Assistant Safety Advisor, Community Liaison Officer, will assist the Safety Advisor and Regional Analyst with high-level engagement and networking with traditional authorities, community and religious leaders.
- Assist the Safety Advisor and Regional Analyst in the preparation of special reports
- Assist in the delivery of other request INSO Services
- Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures
- Adopt professional conduct and positive attitude
- Network with traditional authorities such as heads of villages, district heads and emirs
- Network with religious leaders, including chief imams, independent imams, Muslim scholars, and representatives of Muslim associations
- Promote humanitarian actors’ neutrality and independence towards traditional authorities and religious leaders
- Develop and maintain a contact database
- Degree either in Islamic studies or in Sharia Law
- At least two (2) years’ experience in networking with traditional authorities and religious leaders in North Eastern Nigeria, preferably in Borno State.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa, Kanuri and Arabic
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet)
- Nigerian nationality
- Previous experience working for NGOs
- Familiarity with the Lake Chad Basin region outside North East Nigeria (Diffa region of Niger, Far North Cameroon, Lac in Chad)
- Broader existing network across the Lake Chad Basin
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below to: j[email protected] and ensure to reference ‘INSO Assistant Safety Advisor, Community Liaison Officer – Maiduguri’ in the subject line of the email.
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.
Application Deadline 30th June, 2018.