Pragmatic Technologies – Our client, a top Online News organization based in Lagos, Nigeria is currently sourcing for the position below:
Job Title: Online News Editor
Remuneration: Very attractive
- The Online News Editor would make an interesting angle to a story; plan, coordinate, review and edit contents with the aim of providing exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audienceТs preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
- Ability to optimize stories to capitalize on search trends
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a news editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent written skills in English
- Solid news judgement and excellent journalism ethics
- A good grasp of what drives interest on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms Word to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 26th April, 2020.