Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Health & Nutrition Survey Using SMART Methodology
Scope of Work
- Be responsible for data cleaning and analysis using appropriate software i.e. Epi Info, SPSS, ENA for SMART
- Prepare a draft SMART survey report for review by SCI, ensuring that the assessment is comprehensive and includes all relevant indicators
- Prepare a final report including background, methodology, results, limitations, conclusions and recommendations incorporating feedback from SCI staff on the draft report and Nutrition Information Management group for validation/ Nutrition
- Develop and design SMART survey protocol, including sample size estimation, population size, clustering of the villages etc., and validate contextual tools using the SMART methodology
- Train the SMART data collection teams and data clerks (including field testing)
- Organize survey: Ensure accurate data collection at field level. Ensure adequate supervision and coordination of the survey teams in the field and collect relevant reference materials for report writing
- The preliminary assessment report will be sent to the SCI within 3 days of completion of data collection; the consultant will present preliminary findings of the survey to SCI, and SCI team will upon review, send it to the nutrition cluster and or Inter-Agency Working Group for validation purpose.
- The consultant will lead in the presentation of the survey summary before the Nutrition sector/ Inter-Agency Working Group members. The final report, incorporating all comments and inputs received, will be submitted to SCI within 5 days after validation of the preliminary report.
The consultant is expected to provide (Required Deliverables):
- Inception report explaining the methodology, sample size calculation and means of analyses
- Final nutrition survey Methodology (agreed following consultant selection).
- Powerpoint presentation of preliminary findings.
- A preliminary and final nutrition survey report.
- An Itemized price quotation for consultancy fee (Exclusive of international and domestic travel expenses which will be provided separately by SCI)
Time Frame and Work Schedule
The duration of the survey will be 29 days. The start date will be the date indicated in the Contract. See here below the survey schedule:
- Travel days: 2 days
- Preparation of survey protocols, developing tools and collection of secondary data: 5 days
- Training and pre-testing of SCI staff and Survey enumerators: 4 days
- Data collection and entry: 10 days
- Analysis and Submission of Preliminary Report:3 days
- Submit Final Report: 5 days
- Total: 29 days
General Conditions of the Consultancy
- SCI will provide survey enumerators, translators as may be required.
- The cost related to travel from/ to Field of the survey teams will be covered by SCI.
- Payments will be paid in three instalments: the First instalment 30% paid upon finalisation of inception report; 30% paid upon submission of the first full draft of the report; the remaining 40% paid upon validation of the report by the Nutrition Sector/Inter-Agency Working Groups.
- SCI will provide accommodation for the consultant in team guest house
- Meals and other incidentals will be the responsibility of the consultant
- The consultant will conduct his/her work by using his/her own computer equipment.
- Other miscellaneous costs directly related to the task that can include photocopying of questionnaires etc. shall be covered by SCI. Any cost needs to have prior approval from SCI.
- The movement of the consultant and team to and from the field will be facilitated by SCI.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Application Deadline: 29th June, 2018.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received and also Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date if considered necessary. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not use any third party for employment and also does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.