Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client, a first class DNA Forensic Laboratory in Lagos, Nigeria. With state of the art technology and equipment, the laboratory conducts all tests in-house and produces authentic results comparable to any top forensic laboratory in the world.
The laboratory is in the process of reconstructing another building to set up another laboratory and is now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will to supervise and monitor a project that involves the remodeling of an existing building to create office and laboratory spaces.
- You will provide oversight, supervise and manage the construction project. In addition you will ensure that the building contractor reads, understands and follows the drawings. Of equally importance, you will be the primary link between the building contractors, the design Architects and Engineers and the Managing Consultant for the project.
Other Essential Duties
- Review all construction plans to fully understand them.
- Be able to explain plans to building contractors.
- Make sure material ordered is of good quality and are delivered on time to maintain schedule.
- Keep job log of work completed and dates when done.
- Coordinate between different construction trades to eliminate conflicts and to make sure the work flows smoothly. So, one contractor is not holding back another up.
- Monitor change orders to control cost.
- Supervise and inspect all work for workmanship and compliance with drawings, good construction practice and regulations.
- Inspect and sign off on contractors work before they are paid.
- Create punch list for work done and for work that needs to be corrected.
- Make sure that the contractors build what is designed and use approved good quality materials.
- Work with the Architects and Engineers to develop an overall construction schedule and monitor it for on-time completion.
- Conduct weekly meetings with all parties involved in the construction project.
- Send weekly project reports to management.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A graduate of Civil Engineering or related discipline, you must have a minimum of 3 years’ hands-on experience in building construction.
- A demonstrated experience in active involvement in the management of commercial building construction projects is required.
You must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Understanding and interpreting construction drawings.
- Strong Project and Construction Management skills.
- Organised and detail oriented.
- Disciplined to implement and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills which require independent and original thinking.
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Very strong computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong planning skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail
Application Deadline: 18th September, 2019