Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Territory Manager
Req No.: JREQ101439
Job Function: Sales
Work closely with colleagues in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and the GGO Governments Market Development teams to execute on an agreed business development plan, which includes the following:
- Proactively engage with federal and state government entities and major public sector organizations in Nigeria, and similarly in other ECOWAS countries and at an ECOWAS level, building strong relationships, understanding core requirements, communicating and showcasing Thomson Reuters services and capabilities across the relevant business lines, working with internal and external stakeholders to develop applicable propositions, and winning business with targeted institutions
- Grow revenue in the government segment across ECOWAS.
- Create and maintain a network of strategic alliances with external partners, to support market penetration objectives
- Support the GGO Governments Market Development team with business development initiatives in other markets where required, assuming ownership where appropriate
- Develop a strong understanding of our services and capabilities across Thomson Reuters business lines in order to meet short- and long-term revenue targets.
- Handle negotiations and discussions over contractual terms with prospective clients.
- Oversee secured projects, and maintain relationships on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrate thought leadership on public sector reform and opportunities in region of relevance, speaking at conferences as appropriate.
- Join Nigerian government delegations visiting abroad on a selective basis.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish and maintain strategic alliances with third parties, including consultants, multilateral organizations and policy advisory bodies, to help grow our business and complement capabilities.
- Project manage operations and delivery of strategic projects in Nigeria and other geographies as required.
- Focus new business initiatives in Nigeria and the rest of ECOWAS on the government and quasi-government sector.
- Support regional leadership team in the development and refinement of government growth plans, drawing from previous experience to identify opportunities, requirements and ‘go to market’ strategy.
- Develop government relationships: identify government and public sector targets based on strategy and business priorities; arrange and attend meetings with senior government and public sector representatives, drafting formal requests and attending high-level networking functions and social events as and where required.
- Raise awareness: communicate our capabilities to government and public sector representatives, qualify scope of opportunity and provide clear, structured feedback to internal stakeholders.
- Proactively source government tenders, formal requests for proposal and unsolicited proposals through engagement, clarify the scope of work as appropriate, and prioritise opportunities. Own proposal writing and bid management, designing solutions matching the scope of opportunity in conjunction with internal and external parties, and submit/present proposals/bids to government entities and public sector institutions.
- Bachelors Degree in Economics/Business/Law/Finance/Engineering/IT
- MBA or other Masters Degree preferred
- 7+ years experience working in sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on advising government and quasi-government customers
- Proven track record in project managing complex engagements, and working to tight deadlines
- Experience in at least two industries of the following preferred: Financial, Legal, Tax and ICT
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services is an advantage, but is not essential
- Fluency in French is an advantage
- Prior experience of the Nigerian market and pre-existing contacts/relationships are essential
- Strong consulting/strategy/advisory background preferred
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly are mandatory
- Must be comfortable working with and presenting to senior management
- A collaborative and flexible – yet organized and efficient – work ethic is essential to the role
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply