Wecyclers gives households and organisations a chance to capture value from their waste while providing a reliable supply of materials to the local recycling industry. Wecyclers works in partnership with the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) and collects recyclable waste, including plastic bottles, plastic bags, and aluminium cans, using low-cost bicycle-powered collection vehicles called “wecycles”, vans and trucks. Participants get redeemable points via SMS, which they can use, for food items, household goods and cash. Collected material is aggregated and sold to recyclers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Manager
- Assist CEO in carrying out responsibilities;
- Manage all aspects of our rapidly growing company and ensure that world class standards and procedures are in place as we scale up while ensuring the best quality of execution;
- Manage our collection and processing operations, set and ensure that KPIs are met;
- Hire and manage talented, passionate individuals to drive our cutting edge programs;
- Promote the image, capability and integrity of the company to clients;
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Youthful and vibrant graduate of the physical sciences or engineering.
- Understand basic business principles and tools.
- Proven knowledge and experience in operating chemical/process plants.
- Good communication skills – will represent the company in public occasionally.
- Technology tools savvy (internet, new media, desktop tools, etc.).
- Flexible and adaptable to new ways of working.
- Ability to manage a diverse team and partner network.
- Living in and knowing the basic geography of the Lagos metropolis is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to: [email protected] Quote job title in email subject.