Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Transmission Planning
Job Type: Full time
- Head, Transmission Planning will be responsible for Transmission Network design, engineering, network expansion to meet growth and business requirements and conforming to ITU-T standards and meeting the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- The scope will cover the whole of the organisation’s network in Nigeria, Ghana, Portugal and UK.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Efficient and timely initiation of vendor selection for network expansion and for deployment of new products and solutions.
- Ensure Microwave link design conforming to NCC approved frequency channels and bands as well as the prescribed availability and reliability criteria.
- Ensure timely and cost effective capacity design and planning of transmission network for capacity growth (DWDM, SDH, Microwave, Metro Ethernet/Packet & GPON), for core and access networks.
- Evolve network in line with business objectives.
- Ensure CAPEX spent is optimized to meet business requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the policies and regulations of Telecom Regulators.
- Ensure operational delivery of not less than 99.95% for 100% of core network.
- Engineer core network infrastructure for 100% uptime with redundancy/ failover.
- Ensure efficient allocation of circuit and equipment resources and efficient routing.
- Planning and implementation of new PoPs to meet the business expansion requirements.
- Provide timely Transmission network resources for meeting the IP/ NGN network requirements.
- Optimize sparing policy and ensure vendor support (including finalizing vendor contracts) to minimize MTTR.
- Ensure the requisite planning and engineering documentation to ensure quality implementation and effective operations.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A strong working knowledge of microwave transmission, DWDM/ SDH/ PDH/ IP networks and related protocols.
- Successful project management experience leading a team of minimum 5 engineers.
- Deep understanding of SLA requirements to ensure quality of service to customers.
- Exposure to network management systems.
- Ability to interpret topography and network design maps.
- Exposure to Submarine optic fiber cable systems will be desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of 14 years work experience in Planning, Implementation, Operation and Maintenance of Optical & Microwave Transmission networks.
- A broad operational experience of network planning, engineering, implementation and operations & maintenance in the above mentioned fields.
Demand On The Job
- Leadership & team management skills.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving ability.
- Result oriented, strong commitment to provide high quality service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening, and communication skills.
- Research & writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply