e.Stream Networks Limited, an ISO9001 Quality Certified company is a licensed broadband communications provider dedicated to providing suitable connectivity solutions for businesses. With over a decade in the ICT sector and presence all over Nigeria, we leverage on providing a unique combination of industry experience and expertise in our service offering to all our clients across the country. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IP / Core Network Specialist
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
- The IP Networks Specialist is responsible for designing and optimizing the Core IP network which supports various connectivity solutions such as internet, L2/L3VPN, IP Telephony, Data Center Managed & Hosted services, IPTV and VoIP.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop the corporate objectives.
- Provide technological innovation to improve core network processes and network support for new products.
- Develop overall Core network project planning, delivery, and update of the project implementation milestone.
- Regularly review of core and distribution network design with a view to optimize the network.
- Responsible for configuring core and edge routers for design implementation as well as BTS integration
- Responsible for maintaining BGP peering with Upstream providers and downstream clients
- Provide high-level network performance report to the Management and recommend on areas of improvement.
- Manage the public IPv4 and IPv6 resources on AFRINIC and Peering DB.
- Provide technical solutions to network issues escalated beyond the 2nd level Support and Network Operations expertise
- Provide IP address planning and management of IP address database for the entire core, distribution and access network
- Responsible for the core and distribution network bandwidth capacity
- Responsible for maintaining bandwidth policies on the PE devices.
- Attend network project & departmental meetings.
- Provide inputs to the departmental annual budget.
Education, Qualification & Work Experience:
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field.
- Network experience in an ISP environment or a Systems Integration company with specialization in enterprise and service provider routing and switching solutions
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a relevant role.
- At least 3 years practical experience in managing and implementing network solutions using OSPF, ISIS and BGP routing protocols
- At least 3 years’ experience in deploying MPLS L2VPN and L3VPN solutions for clients
- Relationship & People Management.
- CCNP Routing & Switching/Service Provider Core
- Affiliation with relevant professional bodies Cisco
- Cisco Routing, & Switching
- Core Network Planning and Implementation
- Good communication skills
- Project Management skills
- People Management Skills (Employees, Team, Vendors and Customers)
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
- Ability to analyses and interpret detailed technical solution and implement into network planning document.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage various network protection schemes namely MESH and RING etc.
- Good understanding of SDH, Carrier Ethernet Technology, quality of service and network management concepts is necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.