The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to invite qualified Nigerians to apply for the vacant positions:
JOB TITLE: PR and Outreach Adviser
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to invite qualified Nigerians to apply for the vacant position of Public Relations (PR) and Outreach Adviser at the Islamic Organization for Food Security (IOFS) in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- To be a Muslim national of one of the Member States of IOFS.
- To have attained eighteen years of age and below sixty-three.
- To have postgraduate degree in the journalism, international relations or relevant areas.
- To be free of diseases and infirmities that may hinder the exercise of his duties.
- Not having been convicted of a felony or a crime against honouror trust.
- Not having been removed from any job for disciplinary reasons.
- At least two working languages of IOFS (Arabic, English, French)
- At least 10-12 years of working experience in fields of public relations,media outreach,journalism and(or)marketing(preferably in agriculture)
- To have several publications on PR, media industry, journalist research and investigations
- Analytical and Relationship-building skills, social media savvy, perfect writing skills, advanced proficiency in MS Office, social-orientated, responsible, disciplined, able to stick deadlines, executive, goal-orientated, able to perform solely and within team
SALARIES, INCREMENTS, ALLOWANCES AND OTHER SOCIAL PACKAGES
- As per IOFS Personnel Regulations.
The Secretariat of Islamic Organisation for Food Security (IOFS) presents its compliments to Member-States of IOFS and has the honour to inform the latter of its intention to fill existing vacancy in the Secretariat with qualified national of IOFS Member-States. The vacancy is in respect of the position for PR and Outreach Adviser as indicated above.
The Secretariat would therefore appreciate,if the esteemed IOFS Member-State could forward all relevant CVs to the Secretariat’s email: [email protected] not later than 15thNovember 2019. The Secretariat of the IOFS avails itself of this opportunity to renew to all Member-States the assurances of its highest consideration.
Job Title: Director General
Area of Activity: Islamic Center for Trade Development (ICDT)
Duty Station Casablanca – Kingdom of Morocco
Category/Grade Director General (DG)
Remuneration Basic salary US$ 5,500 to $ 5,900 US per month in addition to other allowances and payments as stated in the OIC Personnel Regulations
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes to invite qualified Nigerians to apply for the vacant position of Director General of the Islamic Centre for Development of Trade in Casablanca, Kingdom of Morocco.
- The Director General shall assume his/her tasks under the supervision of the OIC Secretary General in coordination with the Governing Board of the Center.
- Day to day coordination and administration of the work and activities of the ICDT.
- Implementation of the programme of work with full observance of the framework statute, bylaws, and other relevant measures and provisions.
- Establishing good relations between the ICDT and Trade Promotion Agencies and Investment Promotion Agencies of the Member States.
- Developing cooperation between the ICDT and other relevant institutions within the OIC framework.
- Preparing and submitting reports on programmes, activities, budget, and administrative and financial matters of the ICDT to the Governing Board after consultation with the OIC Secretary-General.
- Overseeing the technical assistance provided by the ICDT to Member States in the area of global trade issues, trade preferential system (TPS), and regional groupings.
- Undertake trade, investment and tourism research on issues of cooperation among Member States.
- Participate, with appropriate reports, background and technical documents, in the work of the relevant ministerial meetings, committees, commissions and take into account, in the preparation of its annual programmes, the tasks assigned by particularly the Summit, the Council of Foreign Ministers and the Standing Committees.
- Collaborate with the General Secretariat, other Subsidiary Organs and Specialized and Affiliated Institutions of the OIC in information, research and technical cooperation activities.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the UN agencies and other International institutions in activities of interest to the Member States with a view to avoiding duplication of activities at the regional and international level.
- Provide advisory services to the parties in the Member States on subjects related to trade, investment, tourism, research, technical cooperation and training.
- Ensuring that all ICDT staff implement the tasks and tasks assigned to them optimally.
- Representing the ICDT in the conclusion of contracts and the purchase and sale of movable and immovable property in order to achieve the ICDT objectives and the implementation of the provisions of the financial regulations in this regard.
Competencies & Skills
- Sense of responsibility and commitment to the OIC and its goals and programmes.
- To have the leadership skills to direct and inspire the ICDT staff towards the accomplishment of its objectives.
- Ability to listen, to consult and to share information and ideas, and to have the negotiation skills.
- To have the planning and organizing skills in order to systematically plan a course of action for himself and others to ensure the accomplishment of the ICDT objectives.
- Flexibility and capacity to focus on priorities, and to have the ability to anticipate problems and devise appropriate plans.
- Ability to integrate and work in an international, multi-linguistic and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to complete in-depth studies and research results.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Act as a model for timely accomplishment of assignments and punctuality.
- Good computer skills.
At least Master’s Degree in international trade, international economy, international relations or any other related field. Ph.D. degree will be added advantage.
A minimum of 18 years of experience in a related profession, including at least five years in a managerial position.
Fluent, in at least two of the three official languages of the OIC, which are English, Arabic and French. Preferable to have some knowledge of the three languages.
- To be a Muslim national of one of the OIC Member States.
- To be below fifty-six years of age.
- To be free of diseases and infirmities that may hinder the exercise of his/her duties.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Write the job title you apply for on the email subject with the CV, and send to: [email protected]
Applications Deadline: 31/10/2019
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja
Monday 21, October 2019