Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of organizational growth and the associated opportunities within the Controllers function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the position of:
Job Title: Wells Operations Supervisor (Drilling Supervisor)
- The successful candidate will provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling and completion operations (on a rotational basis) and will report to the Wells Operations Superintendent.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the rig and third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Maintaining inventory of all equipment/materials/supplies to ensure smooth ongoing operations
- Ensuring compliance with all government and other statutory regulations; including education of all personnel on rigs on safety and related issues
- Maintaining accurate and adequate reports regarding operations, equipment and evaluation
- Stewarding continuous compliance with Safety, Security, Health and Environment (SSH&E) policies and responsible for implementation of ExxonMobil’s Operations Intergrity Management System (OIMS) on the rig
- Making key decisions in an emergency situation to prevent injuries, well catastrophes as well as significant additional cost
- Serving as the primary contact with the rig and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure operations are performed in accordance with the drilling program in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Ensuring drilling procedures are followed as planned and conducted in an optimum manner
- Organizing and ordering the necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling and testing operations
- The ideal candidate must possess previous experience as a Driller / Tool-Pusher /Rig Manager with a drilling contractor or as a Drilling / Well site Supervisor with an Oil & gas Company or as a Completions / Down-hole Tools/Fishing Specialist or as a Drilling Quality Specialist.
In addition, the ideal candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Possession of a current IADC/IWCF well control certificate will be an advantage
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skill
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper division (2:1) OR Second Class Lower division (2:2) plus Masters’ Degree (with minimum of “Merit) in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Electrical /Electronics, Civil or Petroleum Engineering.
- Four (4) to fifteen (15) years of applicable cognate rig-base operational experience
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil and gas industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 2nd May, 2019.