Standard Bearers School was established at a time when the educational system in Nigeria was going through a difficult phase. While there seemed to be a proliferation of schools at the time, quality standards were fast diminishing. SBS opened its doors on January 7th, 1997 with a small group of committed teachers and a few pupils. The idea to establish SBS was borne out of the desire of the founder to create a school where academic and creative talents were given similar priorities.
SBS is a family school that offers holistic education to parents seeking a technology-driven, 21st-century education for their children. We are lifelong learners who belong to a community where all individuals are valued and supported on their journey to self-discovery. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Class Teacher
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are currently looking for a friendly and competent Teacher Assistant to join our team. If you are a passionate and self-motivated individual with a specific interest in education, we urge you to apply.
- Work with the lead teacher to monitor the class schedule.
- Assist teacher with lesson preparation by getting materials ready and setting up equipment.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in small groups.
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
- Oversee students during non-classroom times including in-between classes, and during lunch.
- Collaborate with lead teachers to recognize issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Document student progress and communicate with parents to keep them informed.
- Assist to create lesson plans.
- Comply with state, school, and class rules regulations.
- Attend all training classes and parent conferences.
- Diploma or B.Ed. in Early Childhood Education with a minimum of at least 2 years experience.
- candidate must possess Jolly Phonics certification.
- Candidates must be willing and ready to display a clear understanding of effective teaching and learning strategies across the classes.
- Must be computer literate, and able to use MicrosoftTeams.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills in relation to children, parents, and staff.
- Have a strong commitment to school improvement.
- Most reside in the Lekki/ Ajah area of Lagos State.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Not Specified