The Wedding Company is a bespoke wedding design and planning company founded by No Surprises Events to create stylish and elegant celebrations for couples who want an inspirational wedding without the stress of organising it.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wedding Specialist/Business Manager
- Ensure that the high standards of servicing weddings are adhered to from selling to execution. Ensure that the revenues generated by The Wedding Company meet or exceed budgeted expectations.
- Proactively attend trade shows, meet with wedding couples, facilitate menu tastings, complete detailed and accurate event orders and collect final payment for the event.
- Be the wedding couples’ on-site contact on the day of the wedding, to ensure all expectations and details are exceeded to ensure clients get the wedding of their dream.
- Wedding sales goals; Develops revenue and sales forecasts.
- Produce detailed cost estimates for wedding couples to ensure that they are on budget, as well as collecting prepayments prior to the wedding day.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory controls and reports to the Board of directors.
- To attend industry events in support of the position (ie: local wedding shows).
- Maintain confidentiality at all times when performing job requirements
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
- Prepares budget for the wedding and ensures strict compliance with the budget
- Forges vendor partnerships.
- Work with couples to find out their expectation for the wedding and keep them up-to-date on its planning and execution
- Secures the best available venue for the wedding in consideration of the date and budget for the wedding
- Delegates responsibilities to team members
- Sourcing and contacting the services of musicians, dancers, and other entertainers that may be needed
- Prepares financial report on the wedding
- Keeps a list of equipment necessary for the wedding
Requirements, Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- To have a flexible schedule (i.e some evenings, weekends) to meet with wedding couples to do menu tastings and discuss wedding details in order to produce detailed event orders
- Strong ability to interact and get along with people from diverse background
- Exceptionally organized individual with strong ability to pay attention to details
- Event management experience, including parties, charity events, projects, etc.
- Detailed analysis of a problem; Ability to think on feet and solve problems
- Strong problem-solving ability to be able to deal with crisis situations in the course of events
- Updated knowledge of trends in the wedding industry.
- To periodically work on weekends, long weekends and evenings
- Ability to perform various tasks efficiently for the success of the wedding
- A degree in Marketing, Events Planning, Advertising, Hotel or Hospitality Management, or in other related areas
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment
- Ability to communicate with all stakeholders in written and verbal forms
- Ability to lead a team as well as work as part of a team to produce desired result
- Strong working knowledge of the different Microsoft Office applications
- Strong time management skills to be able to schedule and successfully carry out activities within allotted time efficiently
- Ability to listen to and understand exactly what clients require and expect for their wedding
- Strong ability to negotiate deals with vendors and other service providers to the wedding event and secure cost-saving deals for clients
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply