Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm, is looking for a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fixed Income Trader
- Responsible for buying and selling securities for clients or institutions.
- He/She performs market research, analyzes market conditions and works with clients to learn their financial goals.
- He/She helps clients meet these goals by accurately identifying and purchasing the best fixed-income products for them.
- Manage daily trading to ensure timely execution of the orders and confirming that they are in compliance with regulatory policies
- Maintain and update inventory records of fixed-income securities.
- Identify and leverage opportunities by developing innovative trading ideas and making entry into new markets.
- Develop a trading strategy that responds to trends in the current market
- Develop and monitor assessments on portfolio risk by collaborating with analysts and portfolio managers
- Keep up to date on and monitor market trends, economic news and conditions in order to keep their clients informed about the direction of their investments.
- Must be knowledgeable of the banking industry and be aware of trends and other issues that could impact the investment portfolio or bank’s funding strategies.
- Should have an in-depth knowledge of financial markets and be able to ascertain the value of one product when compared to other options.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all fixed income investment products that are deemed suitable for financial institutions.
- Build and maintain relationships with municipal dealers, fixed income salespeople and downstream bank clients. Assist senior trader in sourcing product for the sales team.
- Have daily discussions with fixed income dealers, salespeople and division customers regarding economy, fixed income strategies and the general banking environment.
- Provide research and fixed income ideas to salespeople on a daily basis as they work with their customers.
- Create accounting spreadsheets for quarterly bank reporting.
- Provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Minimum of a First Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management or any related field
- Two to four years’ experience in Banking, Finance, Treasury Management Sales and/or Service environment
- Knowledge of Account Analysis and Treasury Management Pricing required
- Should possess understanding of bond markets, the economy and interest rate correlations
- Must be able to evaluate securities and discern value in the market
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Technical expertise is preferred
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title “Fixed Income Trader” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 27th July, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.