BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Requisition ID: 27502
What You Can Expect
The incumbent will be responsible for active BASF Business Development in North West Nigeria. Core tasks will include:
- Ownership of the business development process for North West Nigeria in liaison with the business units and their local representatives
- Providing strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets, in close collaboration with the business units.
- Investigating business opportunities with significant scale and synergies to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products in target markets and applications
- Developing and commercializing existing and new platform opportunities to support market growth.
- Generate market intelligence for relevant industry segments in alignment with the BASF Africa strategy.
- Support lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships.
- Lead the Business Development team including personnel management and intergration in accordance with the Values&Principles of the BASF group.
What We Expect
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Masters Degree or higher preferred). A Post Graduate qualification in Business Management would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in development and utilization within the chemical industry value chains, and be able to demonstrate high flexibility in complex market environments
- High levels of business savvy, as well as strong negotiation skills, would be added advantage.
- Able to think independently and work with no supervision.
- Able to travel 50% +/- domestically & international trips annually.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
- [Not translated in selected language]
Application Closing Date
How to Apply