School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive – E-commerce
Work Hours: Mondays – Fridays; 8am – 5pm. You may be required to work on public holidays and sometimes Saturdays and Sundays as the job demands at times.
Overall Job Scope
- Oversee the company’s online sales and presence
- Responsible for conveying a consistent brand image that attracts customers and encourages and sales on the company’s website
- Oversee the e-commerce team activities in managing the online transaction system and the outlook of the website
- Stay abreast of changes in the online marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Responsible for overseeing other aspects of the website such as the advertising and content components
- Oversee developing the product description
- Repurpose content for different mediums including social media and video.
- Create entertaining and informative video content for the website.
- Work alongside the social media manager (outsourced) to create content for the different social media channels.
- Oversee all content creation activities for the Ecommerce website.
- Work closely with the marketing and Retail team to devise a web content strategy that aligns with the company’s wider goals.
- Create a content marketing calendar to ensure regular content on the website throughout the year.
- Write entertaining and informative search engine optimised copy.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and monitoring content activities of competitor websites.
- Train the ecommerce team on managing the website’s content and operations
- Develop and implement the strategic online marketing plan/programs to increase sales
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company website.
- Track conversion rates and make improvements to the website.
- Utilize a range of techniques including paid search, SEO and PPC for directing traffic to the site.
- Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
Site Development/ Maintenance:
- Work with website designers/developers to continuously improve the School Kits’ ecommerce site.
- Oversee the updating of all sections of the website including homepage and all other categories.
- Check site content and systems regularly to ensure that they are working properly, prices and product information are updated, new products added and non-available products are removed
- Improve the usability, design, content and conversion on School Kits’ ecommerce site.
- Work with payment providers to maintain payment mechanisms that are secure and that protect customers’ personal details when they pay by debit or credit card on School Kits ecommerce site.
- To ensure a timely delivery of online orders.
- Develop a pickup and delivery schedule to ensure orders are fulfilled
- You would be required to perform other duties in line with role as the Ecommerce’ Business Development Executive.
Skills and Attributes
- Prioritization: You (and your team) would need to prioritize your ideas in order to acquire shoppers, convert sales, and create loyal customers
- Project Management: You will have to operate under timeline, budgetary and other restrictions.
- Effective Communication: You need to be able to effectively communicate your departmental vision to your team mates and also communicate progress with the executive management, as well as any suggestions/recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Focus on user experience: You’ll need to have an understanding of how to create and maintain a well-designed site with proper branding and almost flawless functionality
- Brand development/cohesion: You need to be able to adhere to, and reinforce, the brand standards set by School Kits, while adapting campaigns to online media (as applicable)
- Marketing: You need to be mindful of brand engagement with an eye for meeting/exceeding sales targets
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s and Cover Letters to: [email protected]